Gas detection should not be complicated. The Beacon™ Series is gas detection simplified. The Beacon™ Series are powerful, low cost fixed system controllers for one, two, or up to eight points of gas detection. They are microprocessor controlled, versatile, simple to install and operate, and priced to be the industry’s best value single and multiple gas detection controllers.
The wide variety of sensor heads available for the Beacon Series can provide protection for many of the gases commonly used in industry or laboratories today. A comprehensive list of available detectors is provided below.
Sensors can be mounted directly at the Beacon™ housing, or can be wired remote from the controller. The digital displays have backlighting and simultaneous readout of the gas type(s) and concentration(s). The bottom mounted wiring hubs make wiring easy. An external reset switch allows alarms to be silenced from outside the controller housing.
With 10 or 12 amp rated relays, the Beacon Series can be wired directly to a variety of devices like horns, buzzers, or lights eliminating the need for costly external relays from the controller to devices.
The Beacon™ Series is housed in a NEMA 4X rated case for a weather tight seal. This case design complies with the new lock out / tag out standard and can be fully secured. An external reset switch allows the alarm to be silenced from outside of the controller housing. The Beacon™ units ship complete with a wall mounting kit for easy installation.
- Low cost versatile solution!!
- Compact, weatherproof, NEMA 4X enclosure.
- 115 VAC or 12 VDC operation.
- Long life sensors (2+ years typical).
- Accepts LEL/O 2 /H 2 S/CO direct wire sensors (Beacon 110, 200, and 410).
- Accepts any 4-20 mA transmitter.
- Audible alarm with reset button.
- Three programmable alarm levels.
- Built-in trouble alarm with relay.
- Relay rating 10 or12 amps, form C.
- Provides 4-20 mA output.
- Semiconductor manufacturing facilities
- Petrochemical plants & refineries
- Water & wastewater treatment plants
- Pulp & paper mills
- Gas, telephone, & electric utilities
- Parking garages
- Manufacturing facilities
The sensor is the actual device that is sensing the gas. Three sensor types are available for use with the Beacon Series Controller: direct wire, gas diffusion, and sample draw. Sensors typically last 2 to 4 years, but can last for a longer or shorter time depending on the nature of the application.